It’s just one week until America’s favourite — east coast, at least — burger chain opens their eighth UK site and seventh in the capital. As reported in July, Shake Shack will open in the former Vico site on Cambridge Circus, on the south east edge of Soho.
The brand, which is known for its keen awareness of a city’s best local suppliers (see recent collab with St. John), will introduce a number of new one-off menu items with some of London’s top suppliers and brands. Here’s a run down of what’s on offer:
- The Criss Cross: In collaboration with Crosstown Doughnuts. Crosstown’s Black Forest Cake Doughnut (a chocolate cake, with a white chocolate glaze and dark chocolate crumb, icing sugar and a praline almond shard) filled with Shake Shack vanilla frozen custard and black forest compote. The Criss Cross will be available only at the Cambridge Circus Shack from Thursday 26 October, and at all London branches from 1 November until the end of the year.
- The Yard Burger: Shake Shack are partnering with London’s top cheese suppliers at Neal’s Yard Dairy to create a gourmet bacon cheeseburger that includes their Aberdeen Angus patty, topped with Neal’s Yard Hafod cheddar cheese, British free range Wiltshire smoked bacon and horseradish-mustard mayo.
- Two new hard drinks, including two gin lemonades: The London Cup featuring Shack lemonade and Sipsmith London Cup (a sort of artisan Pimms.) The Gin Lemonade featuring Shack lemonade and East London Liquor Co. gin.
- And a Cambridge Circus-exclusive shake, The Cheeky Monkey: vanilla custard blended with caramel and Monkey Shoulder whisky.
- A local craft beer list will include inspired picks of Crate Brewery’s Lemon Gose Seasonal Sour Beer and Crate’s Session IPA, Howling Hops’ Pale Ale, and Portobello’s London Pilsner.
“I’ve always looked to London for culinary inspiration, it’s one of my favourite food destinations in the world,” said Shake Shack’s culinary director Mark Rosati.
“The city overflows with inspiring cuisine, wonderful local artisans, and talented chefs that are a dream to collaborate with. It couldn't be more important that as Shake Shack grows, we also deepen our culinary roots in this community, and I’m delighted to be working with some of the best at Cambridge Circus.”
Shack Shack Cambridge Circus opens on Thursday 26 October.