- Breddos Tacos have announced their latest collaboration: Oslo’s Pjoltergeist — the innovative modern Norwegian restaurant — are the latest to feature as part of their “TacOvers” series, following Guerrilla Tacos from LA and Som Saa’s John Chantarasa. On Sunday 20 August they’ll host an all-day taco and mezcal party. Then on Monday 21 August Breddos will team up Pjoltergeist’s chef Atli Mar Yngvason for an 8-course collaboration dinner. Tickets are £35.
- Restaurateur Andrey Datsenko and sister Anastasia will open Taka, a Japanese restaurant and cocktail bar in Mayfair’s Shepherd Market next month, The Caterer report. The siblings own a restaurant in Tokyo of the same name and want to add to London’s Japanese high-end. All the food will be made by chefs originating from Tokyo. The 28-cover restaurant will be next door to Ferdi and Kitty Fisher’s. Andrey Datsenko is known better in London for having founded Melt Room — the grilled cheese shop in Soho — in 2015.
- Aidan McGee, formerly of the now-closed Truscott Arms in Madia Vale has moved to The George & Dragon in Fitzrovia as head chef, Hot Dinners report. The Truscott Arms closed controversially last August with the owner complaining of a rent hike from £75,000 to £250,000 per year.
- Boki, an all-day coffee shop serving breakfast, lunch, juices, cakes and an evening menu of #smallplates, has opened officially after having initially done a soft launch in April. 20 Earlham Street, Seven Dials, WC2H 9LL.
- Wasabi, the takeaway Japanese chain, have partnered with Marks & Spencer and will roll out counters across stores in the UK. Fresh sushi as well as hot Japanese dishes will be available. Trials will take place at stores in Marble Arch, Oxford Street, Kingston and Stratford, report Big Hospitality.
Breddos Tacos Team Up With Oslo’s Pjoltergeist — Plus More News
Five things to know from the world of food and restaurants in London today