- To mark its tenth anniversary, Texture, in Marylebone, will host a series of one-off collaborative dinners with chefs during September. The restaurant’s chef-owner Aggi Sverrisson has teamed up with some big names from across the UK: Raymond Blanc (5 September), Vivek Singh of The Cinnamon Collection (7 September), Arnaud Bignon of The Greenhouse and Ollie Dabbous of Henrietta (19 September). Tickets for the five-course, wine-paired menus start at £170 and are available to book here. Texture, 34 Portman Street London W1H 7BY
- Chef Tom Hunt’s is doing a one-off dinner at Our London vodka distillery in Hackney: a vodka-matched five-course tasting menu at the distillery “inspired by the elements.” The menu, fermented drink-pairing and workshop “on mindful eating” will take place on 1 of September. “Incited by the earth’s elements, Tom Hunt has curated a menu that nourishes the body as well as our ecology through pleasure,” an announcement said. Friday 1 September, 7 – 9.30pm: Our/London Vodka Ltd., Spurstowe Road, London, E8 1LS. Tickets here.
- The winner of Mayor Sadiq Khan’s #MyLondonDish campaign was announced today. Moo Ping — a northern Thai pork dish — from street food vendor KraPow LDN at Druid St Market, SE1, first posted by @Londonfoodboy won the award. The campaign, designed to raise awareness about London’s food scene, is part of the mayor’s drive to communicate that London is open for business in the wake of Brexit. Instagrammers were encouraged to share their photos using the hashtag; shortlisted dishes were then voted for by the public on the government website visitlondon.com
- Another Ivy Cafe is opening — this time in Blackheath in December this year. The 87-cover restaurant, the fifth in the expanding portfolio, is set in the surroundings of Greenwich Park so an additional 20 covers will be added to “Parisian-style terrace” alleged to be “the most coveted place to sit.” 16-18 Montpelier Vale, Blackheath, London SE3 0TA.
- Battersea restaurant Powder Keg Diplomacy is relaunching as “POWDERKEG.” Their rebranding and redesigning the restaurant, report Hot Dinners. Former Opera Tavern chef Ben Mulock has been brought in to change the menu in the style of Spanish and Italian grill dishes. It will relaunch on 29 September at 147 St John's Hill, London SW11 1TQ.
Texture’s Aggi Sverrisson to Host Chefs Raymond Blanc and Ollie Dabbous — plus More News
Five things to know from the world of food and restaurants in London today