JKS Restaurants — the group run by three siblings, Karam, Sunaina and Jyotin Sethi — will open its eleventh London restaurant on Wednesday 6 June. Brigadiers, the most high-profile opening to date at the City’s big money Bloomberg Arcade, will join a JKS portfolio that includes Michelin-starred Trishna and Gymkhana, and Hoppers (x 2); the trio are also partners in a number of celebrated establishments across the city, including: Kitchen Table, Bubbledogs, Lyle’s, BAO, XU and Nieves’ Baragan Mohacho’s Sabor on Heddon Street.
Brigadiers — JKS’ most ambitious restaurant yet — will be a 140-cover (plus 34-cover terrace) Indian barbecue, beer, whisky, and live sport venue. What the Sethis are calling “An Indian barbecue and beer tavern inspired by the army mess bars of India, where military regiments go to eat, drink and socialise.”
Inside, Brigadiers has eight discreet spaces, which includes a main bar, dining room, pool and games rooms, a tap room and a terrace, as well as a number of private dining spaces. There will also be TV screen showing live football and other sports throughout — in every room, including all private spaces, excluding the main dining room.
Take a first look inside one of London’s soon-to-be hottest new openings — a restaurant that could take JKS from niche, if lauded, independent operators to mass-market City game-changers.
Inside The Dining Room.
The food at Brigadiers will be unlike that at any of JKS’ other sites and will implement methods of Indian barbecue: tandoors, charcoal grills, rotisseries, wood ovens and classic Indian smokers. It is drinking food, to be shared and dishes will fall into six main sections:
- Beer snacks, nuts and crisps
- Chhota chatpata (fiery small plates) including arbi tokri chaat.
- Anda (Egg), roti, rolls, bun kebabs, and pao: Madras mess mix; oysters saagafeller; chaat masala pork scratchings with smoked roe and fennel raita; cocktail ox cheek vindaloo samosas; shellfish amritsari fried fish pao; goat tikki bun kebab; Brigadiers tandoori chicken club sandwich.
- Sizzlers: mixed grills of kebabs, chops and tikka.
- Steak, ribs, chops: Bhuna ghee masala goat chops; dry tandoori masala rib eye steak; smoked Nepali bhutwa lamb belly ribs.
- Rotisserie and wood oven: Suckling lamb biryani; wood-roasted Goan suckling pig; and wood-roasted curry leaf masala turbot. (Whole suckling lamb biryani will also be available for pre-order as part of a feasting menu.)
- For dessert: soft serve ice creams.
Inside The Pool Room
Inside Blighters, the main bar
Inside The Tap Room
The restaurant also includes spaces including: The Pot Luck Room, The Bidi Room, The Kukri Room, and The Terrace.