The internet made flesh and bun
Twisted London is continuing its journey towards the singularity, as the physical manifestation of Facebook like generator and top-down recipe producer Twisted announces a real life studio at soon-to-open London food hall Market Halls West End. Starting life in the physical world as a delivery-only restaurant operated by a brand born on a Facebook page specialising in ridiculous burgers, this new space also offers opportunities for private dining events and supper clubs. Pair this with Market Halls’s trend-ticking lineup, and it looks like the U.K.’s biggest food hall isn’t pulling any punches.
And in other news...
- Here’s where to eat Pakistani food in London.
- The ultimate guide to London’s best coffee shops has been updated.
- Wildly popular Japanese karē raisu chain Coco Ichibanya announces its second London restaurant.
- The GBBO semi-final was all about patisserie.
- Soho’s critically acclaimed Catalan tapas is out; Californian tasting menus are in.
- Fried chicken slinger Otherside Fried will open its first permanent restaurant in Brixton. [Hot Dinners]
- Bill’s, the country-wide casual chain backed by restaurant magnate Richard Caring, lost £9.1 million last year. [Big Hospitality]
- Good tweet:
Honestly never seen anything so wild in my entire life I am speechless rn pic.twitter.com/1UJkEx1mVa— Megan Townsend (@mmtowns) October 21, 2019