Boris Johnson couldn’t choose between two takeaways
Boris Johnson remains front-runner in the Tory leadership race to be the next unelected Prime Minister, despite his inability to maintain journalistic, professional, and relational integrity and proclivity for racist commentary. While his fellow contenders Rory Stewart, Sajid Javid, Dominic Raab, Michael Gove, and Jeremy Hunt slung insults about Brexit at each other on live TV, Boris Johnson was in Camberwell enjoying two takeaways, presumably with girlfriend Carrie Symonds. GDPR of course means that what they ate is a mystery, much like Johnson’s actual strategy for delivering any of the political promises that he has set out. [Daily Mail]
And in other news...
- Jonny Lake and Isa Bal spent over twelve years at Heston Blumenthal’s three-Michelin-starred Fat Duck — now they’re opening a restaurant in London.
- This week’s London restaurant reviews include a “brazen” but brilliant grill terrace and an incredibly specific regional restaurant in Brixton.
- Patisserie Valerie stopped using butter in its puff pastry during its finance crisis. [Guardian]
- Zia Lucia’s fresh pasta restaurant, Berto, will open next door to its flagship pizzeria on Holloway Road. [Twitter]
- Burger King really wants to sell more Burger King burgers in the U.K. [Propel]
- Marks and Spencer is launching four more canned cocktails, two months after Diane Abbott broke the internet with one of its mojito tinnies. Expect aperitivo spritzer, cherry spritzer, peach spritzer and a vermouth and tonic. [Independent]