Gordon Ramsay and Lil Nas X need axes to make their panini
Gordon Ramsay is really into making food on the internet right now. After slapping butter burgers on his gas grill in honour of his YouTube subscribers, he fulfilled breakout rap star Lil Nas X’s request to make panini with him in London in honour of his latest hit. So far, so celebrities palling up on social media.
While Gordon’s offering is on the edge of cremation, the most striking thing about the collab is the Game of Thrones-level weaponry on display: an axe, a sword, and Gordon Ramsay. Were the panini made with these implements? Where does Gordon keep them at night? Is the photo in fact a thinly veiled warning for critics of Lucky Cat? Lil Nas X has confirmed that he made his sandwich with the axe, and given the size differential in the weapons it’s likely Ramsay was simply looking to one-up his new internet friend. [Twitter]
me & @gordonramsay made paninis pic.twitter.com/9nlX96t9c5— nope (@LilNasX) July 3, 2019
And in other news...
- World-famous rapper Nas is bringing crisp fried chicken and waffles to London this summer.
- Eggslut arrives from LA in August, and it’s chosen some serious eggs for the job.
- A cult-favourite Iberico pork slider will return to the city this summer, minus one key ingredient.
- Canard cravers Monsieur Le Duck want to open two more restaurants, in Soho and west London respectively. The former pop-up opened its debut restaurant in Clerkenwell in May. [Big Hospitality]
- On death by butter, with a cameo from Gordon Ramsay’s whack butter burger video. [Deadspin]
- Legacy cookie brand Maryland is doing the “come and taste our product for money, general public” publicity stunt. Reminder that quality control and flavour development is a complex and serious job — but hell, there’s £350 at stake. [Metro]
- Good thread:
it's time to play..... underrated / overrated, potatoes edition— LRB Bookshop (@LRBbookshop) July 3, 2019